Thank you, you are now logged in.
Tell your doctor as soon as possible if you do not feel well while taking Zoton.
All medicines can have side effects. Sometimes they are serious, most of the time they are not. You may need medical attention if you get some of the side effects.
Ask your doctor or pharmacist any questions you may have.
Tell your doctor if you notice any of the following and they worry you:
Stomach or bowel problems such as:
- Vomiting or nausea
- Diarrhoea or constipation
- Stomach pain
- Flatulence or wind.
If you suffer from severe persistent diarrhoea and/or vomiting when taking Zoton, tell your doctor.
As natural acid in the stomach helps to kill bacteria, the lowering of acid by acid-reducing medicines such as Zoton may cause some people to get certain stomach infections.
Difficulty thinking or working because of:
- Joint or muscle aches or pains
- Generally feeling unwell
- Feeling confused, depressed or having hallucinations
Changes to your appearance such as:
- Skin rashes
- Hives or itchy skin
- Hair thinning
- Increased sensitivity to sunlight
- Breast enlargement and impotence in men with long term use
Signs of infection such as:
- Coughs, colds, sore throats or sinuses indicating an upper respiratory tract infection
- Frequent and painful passing of urine indicating a urinary tract infection
- Dry or sore mouth or throat
Changes in your sight, hearing, taste or touch such as:
- Tingling or numbness of hands and feet
- Blurred vision
- Taste disturbances.
Tell your doctor immediately or go to Accident and Emergency at your nearest hospital if you notice any of the following:
- Red, itchy blistering spots
- Yellowing of the skin or eyes, especially if accompanied by Fever, fatigue, loss of appetite, dark coloured urine or light coloured bowel movements
- Watery and severe diarrhoea
- Pain in the kidney region
- Swelling of the face, lips, tongue or throat, which may cause difficulty breathing
- Swelling of hands, ankles or feet
- Bruising or bleeding more easily than normal, bleeding under the skin or red or purple flat pinhead spots under the skin
- Frequent infections such as Fever, severe chills, sore throat or mouth ulcers.
These are serious to very serious side effects. You may need urgent medical attention. These side effects are rare.
Other side effects not listed above may occur in some patients. Tell your doctor if you notice anything making you feel unwell when taking, or soon after finishing taking, Zoton.
Other problems are more likely to arise from the ulcer itself rather than the treatment.
For this reason, contact your doctor immediately if you notice any of the following:
- Pain or indigestion occurring during treatment with Zoton
- You begin to vomit blood or food
- You pass black (blood-stained) motions.
Ask your doctor or pharmacist if you do not understand anything in this list.
Do not be alarmed by this list of possible side effects. You may not experience any of them.