Thank you, you are now logged in.
Roximycin is used to treat infections in different parts of the body caused by bacteria. For example:
- acute Pharyngitis (sore throat and discomfort when swallowing)
- acute Bronchitis (infection of the bronchi causing coughing)
- pneumonia (lung infection characterised by Fever, malaise, headache)
- skin and soft tissue infections
- non gonococcal urethritis
- impetigo (bacterial infection causing sores on the skin)
Roximycin is an antibiotic that belongs to a group of medicines called macrolides. These antibiotics work by killing or stopping the growth of the bacteria that are causing your infection.
Roximycin, like other antibiotics, does not work against viral infections such as the flu.
Ask your doctor if you have any questions about why Roximycin has been prescribed for you.
Your doctor may have prescribed Roximycin for another reason.
This medicine is available only with a doctor's prescription.
Roximycin is not addictive.