Thank you, you are now logged in.
Active Ingredients:5MG/5MG; 5MG/10MG; 10MG/5MG; 10MG/10MG Perindopril/amlodipine [pronounced per-in-do-pril/ am-load-i-peen]
Tell your doctor or pharmacist as soon as possible If you do not feel well while you are taking COVERAM.
COVERAM helps most people with high blood pressure and/or coronary heart disease, but it may have unwanted side effects in a few people. All medicines can have side effects. Sometimes they are serious, most of the time they are not.
Ask your doctor or pharmacist to answer any questions you may have.
Following is a list of possible side effects. Do not be alarmed by this list. You may not experience any of them.
Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you notice any of the following and they worry you:
- dry cough
- ringing or buzzing in the ears (tinnitus)
- vision disturbances
- feeling light-headed, dizzy or faint (hypotension)
- feeling tired or lethargic (fatigue)
- feeling sleepy (somnolence)
- feeling sick (Nausea) or vomiting
- an uncomfortable feeling in the stomach or belching after eating, indigestion (dyspepsia)
- stomach pain
- flushed skin
- taste disturbances or loss of taste (dysgeusia)
- muscle cramps
- tingling or numbness of the hands or feet, pins and needles (paraesthesia)
- fast or irregular heart beats, also called palpitations
- shortness of breath,
- difficulty in breathing or
- chest tightness (dyspnoea)
- rash, itching (pruritis),
- swelling of hands, ankles or feet (peripheral oedema)
These side effects, when they occur are usually mild. Speak to your doctor or pharmacist if you experience any of these or notice anything else that is making you fell unwell.
If any of the signs below occur then tell your doctor immediately or go to the Accident and Emergency department at your nearest hospital:
- swelling of your lips, face, mouth, tongue or throat
- purple spots with occasional blisters on the front of your arms and legs and/or around your neck and ears (A rare condition known as Stevens-Johnson Syndrome)
- a fast and irregular heart beat
- severe blisters, skin rash, itching or other allergic reactions
These side effects are extremely rare but can become serious.