Thank you, you are now logged in.
Tell your doctor or pharmacist as soon as possible if you do not feel well while you are taking Certican.
All medicines can have side effects. Sometimes they are serious, most of the time they are not. You may need medical attention if you get some of the side effects.
Do not be alarmed by the following lists of side effects. You may not experience any of them.
Ask your doctor or pharmacist to answer any questions you may have.
Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you notice any of the following and they worry you:
- general pain, muscle tenderness or weakness
- abdominal pain
Nausea, vomiting, diarrhoea
- cold sores.
If any of the following happen, tell your doctor immediately:
- swelling of hands, feet or limbs due to fluid retention
- symptoms of an allergic reaction such as shortness of breath, wheezing or difficulty breathing; swelling of the face, lips, tongue or other parts of the body; rash, itching or hives on the skin
- burning sensation on urination or increased urgency to urinate
- severe upper stomach pain, which may be accompanied by Nausea and vomiting
- constant "flu-like" symptoms such as Fever, chills, sore throat, aching joints, swollen glands, cough, or any other signs of infection such as infection of a cut or scratch
- new lumps or moles, or changes to existing moles, anywhere on the body
- unusual bleeding or bruising
- coughing, difficulty breathing, wheezing
- pain, unusual warmth, swelling or oozing from the site of surgery
- tiredness, headaches, shortness of breath when exercising, Dizziness and looking pale, which could be signs of anaemia
- swelling of the face, lips, mouth, tongue, or throat which may cause difficulty in swallowing or breathing.
The above list includes serious side effects. You may need urgent medical attention or hospitalisation.
In addition, your doctor will do blood tests to check your kidneys to make sure they are not being damaged during treatment with Certican.
Tell your doctor if you notice anything else that is making you feel unwell.
Other side effects not listed here or not yet known may happen in some people. Some of these side effects can only be found by laboratory testing (e.g. blood level of sugar, fat and cholesterol).